AAF – Black Hills seeks a part-time Executive Director for 10-15 hours per week. The Executive Director is contracted to work closely with the Board of Directors to carry out the year’s schedule of programs, fundraisers and special events. This position is also responsible for maintaining the organization’s financial documents. Must be outgoing, motivated and possess the ability to work independently. Passion for and experience in the marketing/advertising industry, and QuickBooks and/or bookkeeping experience is a plus. Experience with nonprofits or boards preferred. Send resume, cover letter and references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is Friday, March 22.
AAF-Black Hills exists to accelerate the success of the Black Hills advertising community by acting as a catalyst for idea exchange and creative energy. We provide education, resources and support to the community; recognize advertising excellence; develop future leaders; and promote the value that advertising brings to the well being of our community.
AAF-Black Hills is an advocate for students breaking into the business, which includes scholarships, student ADDY Awards, the annual Student Summit, supporting them in the National Student Advertising Competition and mentorship from our clubs variety of professionals.
Believe us, being a member of AdFed will look a whole lot better on your resume than babysitting and paper routes. Join for the leadership skills, to connect with professionals face to face, and meet company heads to pass your slammin’ resume to. This organization can provide whatever you need it to as long as you’re willing to get it.
Wanna get involved? Volunteer your marketing and advertising expertise and join a committee.
The American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the only national association representing all segments of the advertising industry. By joining AAF Black Hills, you are automatically affiliated with this national organization, which to date represents more than 50,000 advertising professionals, 215 local advertising federations and 200 college chapters.
AAF works with its member federations to achieve industry objectives of effective advertising education, public service, government relations and recognition of achievements in creative work, account service and agency growth. To the Black Hills chapter and its members, AAF provides the umbrella of a large federation with the accompanying array of services, training programs and expanding community of advertising and media professionals. Some of the ways you and your company will benefit from AAF affiliation include:
- A subscription to American Advertising, AAF’s quarterly publication covering all sides of the industry.
- Participation in local, regional and national programs such as the American Advertising Awards for advertising excellence (known as the ADDY Awards), Advertising Hall of Fame, the Advertising Hall of Achievement, the National Student Advertising Competition, and many other programs.
- The annual Club Achievement Competition, which awards cash prizes for outstanding club activity in communications, advertising education, diversity and public service.
- Government Report, AAF’s regular summary of federal advertising legislation, provided to club presidents & executive directors, newsletter editors and legislative chairs. Government Report keeps local affiliates up-to-date on government activities that affect the advertising profession.
- Professional development and volunteer leadership training available through AAF meetings and events. These include the American Advertising National Conference, the AAF Government Affairs Conference, the AAF Leadership in Marketing & Communications Conference, the Association Leadership Training Program, and State Legislative Workshops.
- Click here to see the AAF Member Discounts
Share and Enjoy